Welcome to Wise Mind Counseling
Wise Counseling LLC is an evidence based therapy practice helping residents of Wisconsin. A woman-owned and led business. All people regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification or disability are welcome.
About Kim Marohl
I have been practicing therapy since 2009. I strive to offer a balanced treatment approach with both acceptance (mindfulness to self, others, and the moment) and change strategies, (skills training and cognitive, behavior, and exposure therapies).
- DBT-Linehan Board of Certification, Certified Clinician
- DBT-PE trained to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) alone, as well as when trauma is experienced with multiple diagnoses and symptoms
- Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality (CAMS) trained
- Behavior Activation trained to treat mood and anxiety
- Exposure and Relapse Prevention trained to treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Exposure Therapy to treat Panic Disorder
Values at Wise Mind Counseling
It is highly important to me to provide an accepting and validating environment and to offer a space that is safe (acknowledging individual differences), friendly, and welcoming. The change process in therapy can be a very vulnerable experience. I am aware that even showing up to a therapy session is hard work and understand the need for compassionate, non-judgmental care.
Collaborative care: I value the real relationship that builds during therapy, and I view therapy as a collaborative process between equals. I appreciate open communication and respect individuals’ goals, and choices in treatment.
Delivering evidence-based care: In order for people to benefit from therapy, I believe it is essential to provide a treatment that has been proven to work and is individualized. I consistently participate in continued education so I can best help people reach their goals and provide the most effective and efficient treatment I can.
Phone: (920) 278-2620
Fax: (920) 278-7886
217 North 4th Avenue Suite 110
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
There are more possibilities in every moment than we realize.
-Thich Nhat Hanh